The Common Ethos of Dharma Drum Mountain
To uplift the character of humanity and build a pure land on earth.
To give of ourselves for the benefit of all.
To return to the original intention of the Buddha and work for the purification of the world.
To promote comprehensive education and extend loving care to all.
The Three Types of Education
Education through Academics
Education through Academics aims to provide comprehensive, humanistic education to nurture the talents for building a pure land in the human realm.
- Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts
- Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies
- Dharma Drum Sangha University
Education through Public Outreach
Education through Public Outreach helps to uplift humanity through traditional cultivation and modern education.
Education through Caring Services
Education through Caring Services promotes living in accordance with Buddhism: caring for and respecting every stage of life, promoting a compassionate and humanistic society.
Four Kinds of Environmentalism
Protecting the Spiritual Environment
- Chan Meditation
- The Fivefold Spiritual Renaissance Campaign
Protecting the Natural Environment
- Recognizing blessings
- Cherishing blessings
- Nurturing blessings
- Sowing the seeds of blessings
Protecting the Living Environment
- Our wants are many
- Our needs are few
- Pursue only what you can and should acquire
- Never pursue what you can't and shouldn't acquire
Protecting the Social Environment
- The Six Ethics of the Mind
- Buddhist-Style Joint Weddings
- Buddhist-Style Joint Birthday Celebration for the Elderly
- Buddhist-Style Joint Natural Funerals